New Bowls House Erected
In 1886, a new Bowls House was erected and Markinch Bowling Club continued to be a source of entertainment for locals. It was agreed at the Committee Meeting in October, 1902 that the Club would be opened during the winter months for recreation to include draughts, dominoes and cards. However, there would be no gambling and no liquor of any kind to be consumed on the premises. There was to be “no spitting” on the floor, which would be strictly enforced.