Markinch Win First Fours Competition


Markinch were involved in local games against Leven, Dunfermline Northern and Kirkcaldy and in October, 1879 Markinch won the first Fours competition organised by the F.B.A. The green was extended in 1881 and at the official opening in June 1882, President, Mr. Aitken referred to the “magnificent green we now possess with the likelihood of the annual Fife Tournament being held on it “.